Webelos Weekend Information
40th Annual Gateway District Webelos Weekend
June 3 - June 5, 2016 at Camp Tahosa
CubMasters! Webelos Leaders! Sign up now for Webelos Weekend 2016.
Open to any Cub Scout that is a Webelos Scout as of June 3rd , 2016
What is Webelos Weekend?
- Webelos Weekend is an opportunity for Webelos and adults to enjoy a fun and learning-filled weekend with Boy Scouts and Scouting adults.
- Webelos Weekend is a chance for Webelos to get a taste of activities Boy Scouts do, while completing requirements for Activity Pins
- Webelos Weekend is a time for adults to learn about the Boy Scout program, and to complete Webelos Outdoor Leader Training
What’s the program?
- Webelos Scouts are placed into patrols, under the leadership of a Boy Scout. They move between eight stations, learning skills such as fire building, axe safety, camping, cooking, nature, first aid, knots, and disability awareness
- Adults are taken to a separate part of camp and participate in Webelos Outdoor Leader Training, learning similar skills as the Webelos.
Webelos and Adults are separate?
- Yes! This is an opportunity for Webelos scouts to get a taste of the Boy Scout Patrol Method, and to be off on their own doing Scout Skills. Scouts and Adults will camp and eat together, and there is some free time for participants to explore the camp.
What’s the point?
Well... this flyer has the full story, but...
- It’s a chance for Webelos and Parents to learn about Boy Scouts
- It’s a great camping opportunity run by Scouts for Scouts
- It’s a lot of Fun!
Registration is now open for Webelos Weekend! Access the registration here. Sign up early, we will fill up fast. Access the 2016 Webelos Weekend Leader's Guide here.
It's run by Boy Scouts?
Yes! All Webelos stations are developed and run by Boy Scout Troops. And, if you are a Boy Scout or a Troop leader, we would love to have you on staff. We are looking for some additional Scouts to lead the Webelos Patrols. Requirements are 2nd year and up Scouts, with 1st Class or higher rank. If you have Scouts who would like to participate as Patrol Leaders, please contact Ken Kinnard your contact information. Webelos Weekend Staff meetings are April 20th and May 18th. We also have openings for adults wanting to help with parking, cooking staff, and other logistics. Review this flyer or contact Ken Kinnard for more information.
Need more Information?